Frequently asked questions

Note: view Glossary of Terms

Please go to section covering ‘Shareholder Analysis.’

Breakdown of Trifast's investor profile

Trifast By Profile 180816

Trifast shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange.

Ticker symbol: TRI

Launch the London Stock Exchange website

Share certificates record your share ownership. Your share certificate has your account number on it, which should be quoted during any correspondence with either Trifast or the Company's Registrars. It also displays the certificate number and the number of shares covered by the certificate.

The Registrar has a record of your personal details along with the number of shares you own. If you lose your certificate then the Registrar can arrange for a duplicate certificate to be issued. There may be a charge for this depending on the value of the shares represented by the lost certificate.

If you move house then you should write to the Registrar with details of your old and new addresses and your Trifast account number. A form is available by visiting their website at

If you have changed your name then you should notify the Registrar sending a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name deed.

Contact the Registrar

If the shares were held in the sole name of the deceased, the personal representative(s) of the deceased will have to produce to the Registrar a sealed copy of the grant of representation authorising them to deal with the deceased's estate. This might be a Grant of Probate, a Grant of Letters of Adminstration or (in Scotland) a Grant of Confirmation.

The names of the personal representative(s) of the deceased can then be put on the register.

If the shares were held jointly, the Registrar will remove the deceased's name from the register on receipt of a copy of the death certificate.

However, where the value of assets in the estate is less than £5,000, a special small estates procedure may sometimes be adopted.

Buying Shares

You have to buy shares through a stockbroker who is authorised to buy and sell shares on behalf of investors. Commission is also charged on these transactions and these charges can be compared by using a comparison website such as To locate a stockbroker, use the London Stock Exchanges's 'locate a broker' service to select one that meets your needs. Other useful reference sites: Computershare shareholder services Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers (APCIMS) Pro Share Investment Clubs Personal Finance Society

Selling Shares

Most investors use a stockbroker, bank or building society when selling shares, for which a commission maybe charged.

  • If shares have been sold on or after an ex-dividend date then you will still be entitled to any dividends due.
  • You should contact your stockbroker if you have received a dividend following the sale of shares and you are unsure about whether or not you are entitled to it.
  • If you sell shares then you may have a capital gains tax liability, therefore, it is important that you keep the proof of the purchase and sale of your shares.

London Stock Exchange

If the buyer and seller are in agreement then they can transfer shares off the market using a Stock Transfer Form obtainable from the Registrar electronically by visiting their web site at

and from most legal stationers.

This must be sent to the Registrar with your share certificate.

Contact Registrars

A dividend represents the return on a share and is subject to income tax. Dividends are usually paid twice a year to shareholders. Dividend details form part of a company's half year and final results announcement. The level of dividend paid at the half year is as recommended by its Board whereas the final dividend is subject to shareholder approval at an AGM.

The dividend yield of any company is an indicator of performance and this is linked to the profit levels and growth profile of a business. The amount of a dividend is set by the Directors prior to announcing half-yearly and full year results.

Shareholders qualify for a dividend payment and this will depend on the number of shares held in a particular Company and indeed dependent on what type of shares they are (check with your IFA). To qualify for a dividend, investors need to own shares and be on the shareholder Register at the Record date which is normally two business days prior to the ex-dividend date. Investors should refer to the information contained in a Company's 'financial statements - dividends' for the period in question or obtain the information from their IFA.

Currently the Group does not hold any shares in Treasury.

Currently, no share buybacks have been made in the financial period.

Ordinary shares and the total in issue can be found on the Shareholder Analysis page

August 2016

The AGM is the highest decision-making body of a PLC at which shareholders can exercise their rights to ask questions and to vote. Each shareholder is entitled to participate in the AGM in person or be represented by a proxy. Participation is conditional on the stockholder presenting a record of share ownership at the record date and registering in good time.

The AGM is held annually for shareholders, all of whom are invited to attend, regardless of the number of shares they own.

It is an opportunity to meet the Directors and staff as well as putting questions to them and visiting the operations.

Notice of Meeting can be found under AGM/GM Information.

What is a voting right?

A voting right is acquired when shares are purchased in a Company unless otherwise stated and all shareholders are entitled to exercise their voting rights.

The voting right gives a shareholder the opportunity to take part in the voting process on items on the agenda at Company Meetings such as an AGM or EGM.

However, by issuing a proxy authorisation, stockholders may also assign their voting rights to third parties, in particular to their depositary bank, a stockholders' association or proxies nominated by the Company.

According to the Articles of Association of the Company, each share of share grants one vote at the AGM.

Articles of Association can be found under AGM/GM Information.

Total Voting Rights can be monitored via the RNS